Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Creativity and New Media

World of Warcraft was one of my all-time favorite MMORPG (massive multi-player online roles playing game) game that I spent a lot of time playing when I was younger. The game allows me to become someone that I will never be able to be in my or anyone’s life time. For example, if I want to go rogue and sneak around killing monsters, this game allows me to do that just be creating a character equipped with rogue-like features and skills. Perhaps one day I am feeling helpful and want to help out people, it allows me to become a healer or paladin which enables me to recover other players’ health bar as they go into battle.  The game not only allows me to become who I want to be based on my imagination, it also allows me to interact with people from around the world. I get to dress up my character in any ways I feel like as well as tell my avatar to do whatever I wish.

Here's a screenshot of the paladin I created in World of Warcraft. I equipped myself with the choice of armor along with the Hammer of Justice as a weapon.

1 comment:

  1. Cool post. I never really go into WoW, but my friends were addicted to it back in Middle School. I agree, MMORPGs are great as they allow players to become whoever they want and take on epic missions.

    ReplyDelete